The Secretariat of Research, Innovation and Sustainability (SIIS) of the Universidad Autónoma de Nuevo León was created with the purpose of detonating a greater impulse to the process of transition towards sustainability incorporating the principles, values and practices necessary to build an environmentally sustainable university community, socially responsible and democratic.
Within the substantive tasks of the SIIS are the development of policies, programs and projects for education, infrastructure and environmental management, such as the following:
- University Academy for Sustainable Development
- Environmental Management and Safety Programs
- Waste Separation and Recycling Program (ProSer)
- System of measurement, accounting, reporting and evaluation of water and energy use
- Sustainable Mobility Programs
- Climate change adaptation and mitigation program
- Program of communication and diffusion of the sustainability
The main objective of these projects and programs is to promote within the university community, the surrounding social environment and those responsible for the construction of public policies, the establishment of a strategic alliance to promote the generation and innovative application of knowledge and technology , Which allows us to face an inescapable commitment that marks the complex contemporary problem: to address the deterioration of our planet and to rebuild the foundations of social cohesion.